- 1/2-1 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 Serrano chili pepper stemmed, and sliced or chopped
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1/3 pound block of Feta cheese sliced into 1/8" slices, (about 12 slices) - optional
- 1 bunch arugula washed and drained
- In a jar or salad bottle with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil, lime juice, champagne vinegar, thyme, shallot, and Serrano pepper. Shake well.
- Season dressing with salt to taste; chill in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, slice watermelon into 3″ squares, about ¼-inch thick.
- On small salad plates, begin to assemble each serving of the salad.
- To assemble, place one slice of watermelon on the plate; next, layer one slice of feta on top of the first watermelon slice. Repeat, layering another watermelon slice and then one more feta slice. End with a final watermelon slice on top.
- Place about one handful of arugula on the plate, encircling the stacked watermelon/feta. Drizzle the stack and the arugula with the vinaigrette and garnish with a few slices of Serrano pepper.
- Chill for 15 minutes or serve immediately.
Share this Recipe