You can substitute other raw healthy nuts, such as Brazil nuts, filberts, cashews – it’s YOUR trail mix! The key is to avoid ingredients loaded with sugar or unhealthy carbs.
- 1 cup almonds whole or sliced, raw
- 1 cup walnut pieces, raw
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds raw
- 1/2-1 cup goji berries OR dried raisins OR dried cranberries no sugar added
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 tbsp ginger dried
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional - if you like things a little "spicy"
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl or zip bag; shake well. Pour into smaller containers for an on-the-go snack to take on your walks, hikes, or even in carpool line! Makes 5 – 7 servings.
Share this Recipe