- 2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup pepper orange, chopped (can substitute red or yellow pepper)
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup wild rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seed dried
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 2 Tbsp parsley fresh chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 cups broth low sodium, organic, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup almonds roasted, chopped
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a roasting pan (4 qt or larger) over medium heat. Add chopped celery and chopped orange pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened (3 to 5 minutes). Add brown rice and wild rice, stir until coated with olive oil, just 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer and cook covered, 35 minutes.
- At 35 minutes, remove lid and stir in basil and dried pomegranates. Simmer, covered, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 more minutes. Add black pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork and sprinkle chopped roasted almonds on top, or allow guests to sprinkle almonds per serving.
Note: May be made two days ahead and stored in sealed container in the refrigerator. Reheat by placing Pomegranate and Rice Medley Stuffing in lightly-oiled glass baking dish, add 2 tablespoons water, and warm at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Share this Recipe